Monday, October 31, 2011

The Tree (and piglets)


The last 2 weeks in Bodh Gaya at the INEB conference have been amazing. This is a descendent of the bodhi tree under which Siddhartha was enlightened, on the same spot with the shrine erected around it. I've visited it just about everyday, what a powerful place. In touching my forehead as the pilgrims do, I could almost hear him breathe, feel his skin. His presence is palpable.

I've a lot to catch up on, since I haven't been on the internet much this whole time. But I find it only fitting to begin here.  ...and to add an adorable picture of pigs. This is sort of what Bodh Gaya is like--a mind-blowing juxtaposition of the most sacred spot in all of Buddhism and families of pigs sleeping under a little shack on the way to a little concrete coffeeshop that serves carrot cake and cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment